Each year the festival organizer, Kerry Finsand, likes to assist with brewing one of the beers for the fest. This year Kerry had the privilege of brewing with Lompoc Brewing’s Spencer Gotter. The collaboration beer is called Lemon Rye-zome. They used Soracha Ace hops and Lemongrass in this summer inspired brew.
Speaking of beer, see our entire tap list with descriptions here: tapd.it/1dSN8rd
Brewery - Beer
- Uptown Brewing - Shepard in the Rye
- Buoy Beer - India Rye Red Ale (IRRA)
- Fremont Brewing - Oola Gin Barrel Aged Rye Saison
- Sixpoint Brewery - Righteous
- Lompoc Brewing - Lemon Rye-zome
- Vagabond Brewing - Modern Love Rye
- Ex Novo Brewing - Saison Lillis
- Ninkasi Brewing - The Devil Went Down to Oregon
- Baerlic Brewing - Rye Pale Lager
- Hopworks Urban Brewery - Fight for your Rye’t
- Breakside Brewery - Abby Wit
- Short Snout Brewing - Rye-teous Dude
- Firestone Walker Brewing - Wookey Jack
- Barley Brown's - Rye'd It Out
- Almanac Beer - Saison Dolores
- Thunder Island Brewing - Rye CDA
- Sierra Nevada Brewing - River Ryed
- Green Flash Brewing - Road Warrior
- Reuben's Brews - Tea Time IPA
- Fat Head's Brewery - Blitzkrieg Bock
- Brannon's Brewery - Barrel Aged: Deputation Imperial Red Ale
- Brannon's Brewery - Deputation Imperial Red Ale
This year’s admission fee of $10 dollars includes a commemorative rye beer fest pint glass and eight beer tickets. Additional tickets will be available for purchase for $1 each. One ticket entitles you to a 4-ounce sample, while 4 tickets will get you a full pint.
In addition to rye beers, there will be rye cocktails, rye themed food and live music will start at 8pm from Weekend Assembly, a five piece, cross-genre, cross-generational musical project. Weekend Assembly blends roots rock with blues, country, folk and indie music. Kids are welcome upstairs until 9pm and there will not be an entry fee for non-beer drinkers.
Follow the latest news regarding the Rye Beer Fest on www.ryebeerfest.com or on the Rye Beer Fest Facebook page.
This event will is a benefit to support Dawn to Dusk & Children’s Cancer Association. Dawn to Dusk is an endurance-paddling event where paddlers do laps for 12 hours around Ross Island in downtown Portland to raise money for the Children's Cancer Association. Since 2011, Bridge City Paddling Club raised more than $127,000 for this vital organization. Bridge City Paddling Club is a non-profit organization, dedicated to both community service and competition.
Taplister (www.taplister.com) is a beer discovery platform. It helps consumers discover craft beers and enables bars and restaurants to promote their beers. Bars and restaurants simply manage what beers are on tap from a web browser and the information is updated in real-time on Digital Beer Boards, Twitter, Facebook, mobile phones, the business' website and Taplister.com. The company is located in Portland, Oregon.